Friday, November 04, 2005

glass house..

Have you ever lived in a glass house?
I do. Its cubical and is devoid of doors and windows. You can see everything from here. The calm forest outside with the trees standing guard, preserving and inspiring. I am sure there is life in the forest, though I have never seen evidence of any. I somehow felt it.

Its not easy to feel things from inside such a glass chamber. The walls are cold to the touch. They however grow warm on persistence. It’s a spectacular view though. You can see everything. You just need to notice carefully.

I had roamed in the forest once. It was very misty. The fog was like a black hole sucking in the beams of the sun and glowing like white monsters of smoke. They seemed friendly though, like giant elephants. I had walked through them. It didn’t mean much to me then. I had always loved walking. The forest that seems so mysterious now seemed so simple then. You could just walk and keeping walking. However you did have to look over your shoulder at times to make sure you weren’t lost.

Occasionally one can hear various other forms of life emitting strange sounds. Sounds that may or may not qualify as music. But then that does not matter, since being qualified as music involves the influence of a larger set of variables on the mind.



I still travel. I wander off into the forest. I glide through the hazy blue into oceans of spectral colours (sunlight through a dilated pupil perhaps!!) where I nest in my dreams. These dreams often unfulfilled yet natural. They are not products of a forced homogeneity.
Rather they are the types yielded by unharnessed and freely traveling mindscapes.

I am thankful. I am no prisoner. I am glad.




The mist has lifted somewhat now. I can see far through the glass. It is so silent in here. I do not know if it’s the same outside in the forest. I imagine it is.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home