Monday, October 23, 2006

shy conversations

what did you want child?

I think I’m growing old

man I tell you, you never listen.

what?

uh boy, come in.

where?

Where? to your parlour of course.

oh do you have something for me.

I have you.

ah! I see.

no you don’t.

(smile)

now tell me where you’ve been? tell me whats the deal?

I’ve been away, for a while.

think I got stubbed out,

way before I could burn out.

Uhuh, you sure look so.

do you remember the day we climbed the mountains alone?

hmmm I do.

this isn’t going anywhere.

you’re not going anywhere.

huh?

close your eyes boy. close it now.

you’re the ‘sacrifice that escaped’.

you hurt too much now don’t you. so much that you don’t care to stop anymore.

I need a smoke.

hahahaha! And I thought you weren’t ready.

I’m always ready.

you are. but you’re still scared.

aren’t you?

we both are.

do you think it’ll happen tonight?

no reason why it shouldn’t.

damn.

would you like a drink?

no she doesn’t like me drinking. says she doesn’t understand nothing.

well tonight she doesn’t need to. just one shot that’s all.

yea. and you’re made for life.

uhuh, that simple eh?

that simple.

so should I leave now?

if you think its time.

it is time.

then do what you must. oh and wish her luck from me.



EPILOGUE:

She bursts into the room drenched with all the hurt. He wakes up.

‘Look at him. He deserves every bit of it. The bastard. Fuck she loved him. Why the fuck wouldn’t he just understand. Why the fuck wouldn’t he just leave her alone. Fucking prick. Now its gonna be done for good.’

She raises her right hand and points the pistol at his head. He smiles.

‘You cocky bastard’.

She holds still the pistol and waits. One deep breath. Two.

‘He just stares back. Why wouldn’t he say something. Why wouldn’t he move. Fucker. He saw it coming, didn’t he? Now he’s simply teasing her with his silence. Almost daring her to go through with it. Fucker!’


The last deep breath.

He stared on as the bullet drilled on at his forehead, and he last saw her face…..gritted teeth, tears in her eyes. Fuck, she had loved him.

3 Comments:

Blogger peter pan said...

gurru, you're reaching a different level, different style - i like the skewed narrative voices. very nice and best of all, you've found a new niche or something. take care bhai.

8:19 AM  
Blogger peter pan said...

thank you for the comments da. always good to hear from you. brightened up my day here at the stupid library - saala subah 8 o'clock yahan bethna parta hai.

6:52 AM  
Blogger peter pan said...

guru, kothaye? bari esho - likho, likho.

10:05 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home