Thursday, June 22, 2006

I

I light the last smoke
with the half-black topped match.
The last smoke, the last shot at
a wild, slender dream.
And I wait, I wait
I wait for her to walk by
again barefoot beneath the cover of the long wet grass;
walk by my side and brush past my skin
just to feel what I felt
in a dream unseen.

Do you know her?
Do you know where she lives?
Do you know I love her?
Do you?
Does she?

I strive to wade on through
the labrynths of these words,
these words she spoke, these
words I believed.
These words that built
me dreams that hurt.
These words and more that still swirl in my head
like the soft turn of whiskey
on a dark, parched tongue.
I strive.

Do people live only to die?
Do people need to kill
dreams to exist?
Do people hurt?
Do people know?

I lay still on my back,
running my hand through my long wet hair,
awaiting her touch, awaiting her feet,
awaiting her smell;
awaiting my dream.
I am the safe-garden
where she locked a lonely boy,
her face is his life,
his life is his dream,
and I am the ruins of a little boy’s dream.

3 Comments:

Blogger peter pan said...

guru, very very nice.

4:43 AM  
Blogger rorschach said...

thank you. anek kichchu bolbar achche. will mail....someday.

1:43 PM  
Blogger Meenakshi said...

you do not kill dreams to exist.
you just learn when to wake up.

maybe i dont know what im talking about.
maybe my reality is different.

just

1:48 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home