Sunday, October 19, 2008

speedboat blues

Oh lord won't you get me a speedboat,

a boat as fast as a boat can be; to take me

across this grey lake,

to a place where the sunrise I can see.

I've been living under them dark clouds

which my evil baby tied to me, a prisoner

of soft spoken knots,

a free hobo I desire to be.

My lord you know I can't cross this lake

that separates the night from sunshine; I've left

behind my walking shoes

with them beggars I've been wasting my time.

So lord please hear me now

before it grows too late, my baby she sings

in the major scale

while I await my minor twist of fate.


The village has grown real busy,

unkind in the darkness tonight, my baby

she is a lame black crow;

watching my plight and crowing with delight.

Now I know the answers to them questions

and words uttered in a hushed whisper, and I know

none of it matters,

unless you don't hear my prayer.

So my sweet lord, I sit hungry praying

while my baby slips me into the urn; to heat

and feed her foolish pride,

on the stove she puts my heart to burn.

Oh lord Oh lord listen to me now

and get me my speedboat please, so I can

go find a kind hearted woman

who would like to have my hand to squeeze.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home